[pacman-dev] vercmp discussion (was: String freeze for 3.2 release)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 05:25:45 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyway my proposal is to just copy/paste the good old working vercmp
>> code we had, with only the above fix.
>>

> So here it is.

Apparently the static strings were a show stopper to Dan.
I don't have a problem with static strings, since it removes the
malloc/free overhead and also simplifies the code.
As always with dynamic strings, we have the choice between duplicating
all free calls, or using goto.

But anyway, here is a new patch using strdup/free instead of static arrays.