[pacman-dev] Fileconflict error...

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 02:21:41 EDT 2008

Dan McGee wrote:

> And if we want to toss some fireworks around, reverting this commit
> would fix 004 as well (at the expense of 003). :P
>
> commit a71f4c4c6a7775503b29ab856f8a5ce2801f2967
> Author: Chantry Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>
> Date:   Sun Jan 6 10:59:41 2008 +0100
>
>     conflict.c : fix for FS#8156, detect conflict between symlink and dir.

Indeed, that is what I said in the beginning, it seemed logical to me
that this patch fixed fileconflict003 and broke fileconflict004, but it
did not back then, because that strange code you removed was still there.
So removing it was not a bad thing since it makes the code clearer and
the behavior of my patch predictable.
Anyway, I think it is always important to understand what happened, but
it doesn't always help getting things fixed.