[pacman-dev] Final steps before 3.2 release

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Fri Jul 25 08:03:32 EDT 2008

> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks again for the quick translation updates and the NEWS updates
> > you guys contributed.
> >

> I had a quick look at all fixes / suggestions from the NEWS thread,
> compared to the current NEWS file.
> I found two things which were missed, I only want to know if it was
> intentional or not :
> 1) a comment from Nagy on --quiet option :
> http://archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2008-July/012578.html
> current :            - allow -q/--quiet option with -o/--own option
> proposed :         - allow -q/--quiet option with -o/--own and
> -g/--groups options
> 2) the whole API change section Nagy made :
> http://archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2008-July/012575.html

I also have some _very minor_ suggestions to NEWS file:
1.) "- avoid adding duplicate target names"
This sounds strange, maybe "-avoid adding duplicate targets" sounds
better (in fact, different packages (from different repos) can have the
same package names, so the original line is more precise, so I dunno)
2.) "- fix removing multiple items in dependency chain"
I think this refers to 59295081982b33640f4e16589ef281872da540b5. In
this case we can remove this, -Ru is a celebrated new feature of 3.2,
so this problem existed in git only (after ~pkgname_pkg_cmp kill:-P).
3.) we may mention the new "pacman -S dep>=2.0" facility (this was
introduced automagically)

Bye