[pacman-dev] Update for the README file

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Mon Jul 28 08:59:05 EDT 2008

> Dan complained several times that the README file was long outdated,
> so I tried to improve that.
> I hope I did not make it worse :/
> As always, help/feedback is appreciated.

Wow. I like it, especially the API changes part ;-).

I can see some formatting issues:
-2 empty line between [REMOVED] and [CHANGED] sections
-mix "-foo" and "- foo".
-'.  After its call' in [Initialization] (2 space after .)
-too long line(s?) (>80 chars): 45
-and the most important: too long underline of API changes section. :-P

Some more important comments (not affected by your patch):
-A clear transaction work-flow is missing (with examples?):
init, addtarget/sysupgrade, prepare, commit, release (commit is
mentioned as an example of function naming only!)
-alpm_list_t is not optional, like the README suggests you. Many alpm
functions return with alpm_list_t.

Bye