[pacman-dev] 3.2 "RC" release

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 03:07:29 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I rebuilt pacman-git tonight with the latest head commit from the GIT repo:
>
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~dan/pacman-git/
>
> If anyone notices anything wrong, speak soon. This should be 3.2.0 if
> nothing comes up, minus the version number bumping.

You missed one thing about the NEWS file :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2008-July/012639.html
But no problem, you did very well compared to the mass of mails you
had to deal with :)
I liked all changes you made to all these recent commits
(documentation updates for README and submitting-patches, comment for
AND-based searching, the STRIP_DIR fix I was supposed to do and didn't
do, etc...)

So I just pushed the NEWS update to a 32-release branch, as well as
all the translation updates I was talking about earlier.

One last problem : the pacman.conf needs to be updated.
Most important points :
1) remove unstable mirror section
2) add SyncFirst

However, I would suggest merging the two versions (package one and git
repo one) as much as possible. Attached a proposal.

And another trouble I have, but it might be just me, I have no idea,
but I no longer get the localized messages. I always get pacman and
makepkg in english. I don't remember if it worked with pacman-git
before. I tried to disable the debug (DEBUG=0 in PKGBUILD) but it did
not help.