[pacman-dev] #10530: checksum verification does not work on BSD

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 05:14:50 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me ask the same question than on the bug tracker, just in case :
>
> Why doesn't openssl support the other sha* algo, and are there any
> plans for a future support?

Grr, I should finish reading all threads before answering.
I found this quite surprising that openssl did not support these,
because I could remember it supported a lot of things.
So in the end, it does support everything, so moving to openssl is
good thing for portability while preserving functionality.