[pacman-dev] Configure --prefix in PKGBUILD scripts

Antonio Huete Jimenez ahuete.devel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 05:46:43 EDT 2008

Hi

I was thinking a way of changing --prefix= used in configure. I think it's
desirable to have a chance to change this to another directory, specially in
BSD where a lot of userland applications should not be replaced with
packages.

pkgsrc does that by installing on /usr/pkg its bin, doc, lib, etc ...

We could add to makepkg.conf the option PREFIX so we can use later $PREFIX
in PKGBUILD. For Archlinux we could specify /usr by default and use /usr/pac
for others, or whatever the user needs to.
This wouldn't affect ABS behaviour in Archlinux IMHO

What do you think guys? :)

Regards,
Antonio Huete