[pacman-dev] groups spanning multiple repositories

Allan McRae allan.mcrae at qimr.edu.au
Tue Jun 10 09:02:28 EDT 2008

Is it possible to work around this?

 > pacman -S base
:: group base (including ignored packages):
    filesystem  libdownload  mlocate
:: Install whole content? [Y/n] Y
:: group base (including ignored packages):
    acl  attr  bash  binutils  bzip2  coreutils  cpio  cracklib
cryptsetup
    dash  db  dcron  device-mapper  dhcpcd  dialog  dmapi  e2fsprogs  file
<snip>
:: Install whole content? [Y/n]

The first "base" group is from [testing] and the second is from [core].
I seem to recall seeing this discussed a long time ago but can't find it
anywhere so I wanted to ask before I potentially wasted time looking
into it.

Allan