[pacman-dev] vercmp behavior changed on "1.5b versus 1.5" compare

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Sun Jun 15 08:24:56 EDT 2008

> 2008/6/14 Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu>:
> >> The same for 1.5b versus 1.5.
> >>
> > typo: 1.5b-1 versus 1.5-1
>
> Can you send a patch to vercmptest.sh and show us the difference
> before and after?
>
> Either way, I'm not convinced there is a right answer to what is
> greater and lesser, but it does warrent looking into as the behavior
> changed. I did see some comments in the new code alluding to some
> upstream changes that may have been related to version numbers similar
> to this.
>
> -Dan

Sorry, I cannot send a real patch atm (I can send it tomorrow, if it is
needed), try adding these lines to vercmptest.sh (around line 90):

runtest 1.5b-1 1.5-1 -1
runtest 1.5b 1.5 -1
runtest 1.5b-1 1.5 -1
runtest 1.5b 1.5.1 -1

Iirc, all "passed" with old version, none passes with new version. I think the
old behavior is better.

Bye