[pacman-dev] Dangling symlink to libtool file - Was: Re: [arch-dev-public] signoff: xfsprogs 2.9.8-1 for i686

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 00:29:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Dan McGee wrote:

>>> if [ "$(check_option libtool)" = "n" ]; then
>>>    msg2 "$(gettext "Removing libtool .la files...")"
>>>    find . -type f -name "*.la" -exec rm -f -- '{}' \;
>>> fi
>>>
>>> Can we just remove "-type f" from the find statement?  I haven't come up
>>> with a problem in my two minutes of thought on the issue...
>>>

>> Maybe just to be sure, add a '! -type d' clause in its place?
>>

> Fair enough because a directory would cause the rm to fail.  Although I
> will personally hunt down the first software author whose install makes
> a directory named in the form foo.la!  :)
>
> Do we care about the case where the symlink foo.la points to a directory
> or a non-libtool file? I vote to ignore it until someone comes up with a
> real world example...

Fine with me, I don't care about that case either until we have a real
counterexample. If you want to make the trivial patch for this issue,
that would be nice. And now that you are a developer Allan, it would
be cool if you could push your git tree somewhere even if it doesn't
have a gitweb attached. I can show you how to do this if you want on
the Arch server.