[pacman-dev] 3.1.3 release?

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Mon Mar 3 09:51:01 EST 2008

> On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 11:30:41AM +0100, Nagy Gabor wrote:
> > > How is that possible?
> > [*] I dunno, I asked utf8 users on #archlinux.hu channel, and I got 'no
> problem'
> > feedback. (And I've never heart problems about Hungarian translation.)
> >
> > > And why the obstination for not using utf8?
> > * I don't really need that now, and most of my stuffs is in iso8859-2.
> > * See this poll: http://hup.hu/node/50144
> > * so I interpret [*] as for "everyone"
> >

> Does that poll say that 82% of the users who voted use UTF-8? Well, if the
> majority wins, that means the translation should stay in utf8.
> If the reason wins, utf8 should be used as well. Not using a fine standard
> when there is one is stupid.
>
> Besides, the translation-help file has the following :
> ""In addition, for all new translations we would strongly recommend using
> UTF-8
> encoding.""
>
> You can try using convmv if you have filenames to convert, and recode if you
> have text files to convert.

Well, whatever you decide, please keep libalpm's and pacman's po in sync (now
one of them is utf8, one of them is latin2).

I leave the decision to you, but personally I (the translator;-) still vote to
iso8859-2.
Note: I didn't _changed_ the encoding, it was in iso8859-2, when I started to
work on vmiklos's translation.

Bye