[pacman-dev] bug during package upgrade?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 05:25:33 EDT 2008

Nagy Gabor a écrit :
> Idézés Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Here's Tobias' pacman.log.
>> Notice that klibc-kbd is not installed at all, though the newest
>> mkinitcpio depends on it.
>>
>> The line
>> [2008-03-21 19:57] installed klibc-kbd (1.15.20080312-4)
>> at the bottom is from manual installation.
>>

> Hm. I can imagine only one case here: Didn't he accidentally use the -d switch?
> It's strange that the packages are upgraded in alphabetical order instead of
> topo sort...

lol, of course, it looks so obvious after you said it, yet I didn't
think about that at all. Thanks :)
With -d, the packages are not sorted, and new dep like klibc-kbd are not
pulled. What a stupid option. Maybe pacman should print a warning when
it's being used, to prevent accidental use, and also to make everyone
aware that it's not safe at all.