[pacman-dev] makepkg -b is wrong

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 09:17:29 EDT 2008

Dan McGee wrote:

> Haven't even looked at the patch yet, but should we really even be
> keeping this -b option around in makepkg? It seems like something
> another script (such as makeworld) should do. This isn't emerge here.

I assume it can be used to build a dependency tree from packages in the
AUR.  Although, you need to go through the hassle of downloading all the
PKGBUILDs anyway so you might as well build them as you go.  Also, the
method for finding the directory to build in is a hack... find all
directories in $SRCROOT that match the $dep and try running makepkg in
all of them.  That is a bit ugly...

Allan