[pacman-dev] Libraries for makepkg

Geoffroy Carrier geoffroy.carrier at koon.fr
Sat May 10 00:56:03 EDT 2008

On 5/10/08, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> That can be simplified by providing the 3 scripts and adding them to the
>  source array. That is is the recommended way to do this, I beleive.
I see good reasons for both choices.
For files :
 - which use the same pattern
 - distribution-specific
 - that may need to be maintained or adapted to one's system
is seems logical to keep the generation system available in the source package.
And for a case that simple, it seems useless to bundle a bash script
next to the PKGBUILD... Of course, it would make more sense for 5+
scripts instead of 3! (but I now have a code snippet I may reuse)

Please provide your opinion :)

--
Geoffroy Carrier