[pacman-dev] [GIT] The official pacman repository branch, master, updated. v3.1.4-163-gfb09d35

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Mon May 19 08:22:50 EDT 2008

Idézés Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>:

> deppkg_cmp
> >> and

> by
> >> implementation.
> >>>

> > Yes, there is no problem with this (I just emphasized it). I like the new
> > function better because I think find_satisfiers is quite a common task.
> Btw, as
> > I see, after this patch pacman -S 'kernel26>=2.6.24' automagically works,
> which
> > is cool imho.
> >

> I am glad you liked at least one thing about my patch :)

If we like this then we could document it. But unfortunately in case of
versioned dependencies the "literal first" rule disappear. We need something
similar to "search for satisfier part" of resolvedeps. Maybe we could move that
part to its own function and somehow use it.

Bye

P.S.: Sorry for "chit-chat", this is my last year in uni (hopefully;), I'm quite
busy now. But in summer holiday patch flood will come... ;-)