[pacman-dev] Fixing command line argument parsing in makepkg

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:24:33 EDT 2008

Dan McGee wrote:
> I just replied to your patch email, but did not mention when OPT_IND
> actually gets used. I believe the idea was that any remaining args to
> makepkg would get passed to pacman when/if it is called? But I may
> just be crazy there.

I have no idea what is that stuff for, and anyone is welcome to
investigate :)
Just some history I found today :
http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=pacman.git;a=commitdiff;h=54b71f0427e87e6d525423df06f8a06f2b71c518

So before we were using getops / OPTIND. After that commit, we used
getopt / OPT_IND.
man getopts seems to mention what OPTIND is for.
man getopt doesnt say anything though...