[pacman-dev] vercomp test - Was: [GIT] The official pacman repository branch, master, updated. v3.1.4-182-gb48f703

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 23:42:06 EDT 2008

Dan McGee wrote:
> One currently known issue I am working on: my versioncmp change a
> while back definitely broke something, and I've written a short vercmp
> test script that I plan on incorporating into our codebase. You can
> see that on my working branch.

You probably should add the mirror cases for these -1 return situations.

+# with pkgrel, simple
+runtest 1.5.0-1 1.5.0-1  0
+runtest 1.5.0-1 1.5.0-2 -1
+runtest 1.5.0-1 1.5.1-1 -1
+runtest 1.5.0-2 1.5.1-1 -1
+
+# with pkgrel, mixed lengths
+runtest 1.5-1   1.5.1-1 -1
+runtest 1.5-2   1.5.1-1 -1
+runtest 1.5-2   1.5.1-2 -1

I've been bitten by bugs not picked up because of missing test cases too
many times in the past not to include them.