[pacman-dev] delta support in libalpm

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Fri Nov 14 07:02:42 EST 2008

> I guess I spoke to soon. I was right concerning xdelta3 using gzip for
> handling gzipped files, however it doesn't use the -n flag. This gives
> us the same behaviour as xdelta1, with one minor difference: Method 1.
> stops working.

Wait. I don't understand something. If it doesn't use the -n flag, how
can we produce an md5sum-identical patched file? (The mtime is
unpredictable.) This poses an extra problem, or not? I just did an
effective test on xdelta3-diffing .tar.gz files and I saw that the
patched md5sum indeed differ from the original one :-( Maybe we should
search for a gzip header manipulation tool...

Bye