[pacman-dev] Multiple/Shared Architectures

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 14:02:37 EDT 2008

2008/9/27 Teran McKinney <sega01 at gmail.com>:
> Hey,
>
> I've planned out a set of changes I want to try with Pacman and
> Makepkg. Most deal with creating a source repository setup that would
> store source files as their sha512sums, but that isn't related to
> this. Another thing that I want to do is have a "shared" repository
> for non-architecture specific packages. I would rather not use
> different repositories for the "shared" architecture, ie: core-shared,
> extra-shared.

There is support for arch=(any) already,
and it does not require any new repositories
(when using the scheme with symlinks/hardlinks).
You can search pacman-dev and archlinux-public archives for more.
AFAIR devtools/aurtools & dbscripts still need to be modified
to start using this feature.

-- Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)