[pacman-dev] makepkg in a constrained environment

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Dec 2 06:18:11 EST 2009

<snip>

http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=b8a66d68

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6246

>     * it insists on using bsdtar to untar the tar archives;

You need libarchive (bsdtar) for pacman and need pacman to resolve deps...

>     * it breaks if it's not able to chown the source tree; (this
> happens as inside UML I'm root, but outside UML the file system is
> owned by a normal user (the root filesystem of UML is exported by
> using hostfs));

There is this in makepkg:

	if (( EUID == 0 )); then
		# change perms of all source files to root user & root group
		chown -R 0:0 "$srcdir"
	fi

It would seem the assumption that root has root permissions is not
always true...  We could probably also add a check the user has
permissions to change the file permissions too.

Allan