[pacman-dev] about pacdiff

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:49:51 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Kevin Barry <barryk at gmail.com> wrote:
> What about using find in /etc but also running a locate? This means
> that if a user never runs updatedb they still get pacdiff for /etc,
> but other users can get global pacdiff.

Your idea appeared appealing at first, but after thinking about it a
bit, I changed my mind, I would prefer a flag as Dan suggested.
Either the locate db is up-to-date and there is no need to run find,
or it's outdated, and it's probably better to not use its results at
all because they are probably useless (missing all the new .pac*
files, and possibly displaying .pac* files that no longer exist).