[pacman-dev] Disk Space

Matthew Wood ybotspawn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 22:11:35 EST 2009

What if we checked for disk space on all volumes, prior to the processing of
the users command.  If the function detects that disk space is lower than a
certain amount, say 100 mb, to at least warn the user?  This would of course
be a temporary solution, for a more permanent possibility we could implement
two functions that work in conjunction with each other.  The first function
would check the downloads to ensure they completed successfully, if they did
then it would pass the work to a second function that checks the extracted
package size against all mounted volumes, or at least the size of the
volumes of the major installation location (/usr, /etc, /var, etc)  Does
this make any sense or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Matt