[pacman-dev] PATCH: Fix bug 9395 (allow sync to remove unresolvable packages if user wishes)

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Thu Jan 1 11:01:12 EST 2009

> > 2. A new list for pkginfos looks ugly imho.
> >

> What do you mean by 'ugly'?  Is it redundant given other data
> structures in libalpm?  If so, I will be happy to switch to another
> data structure.  Xavier already pointed out that pmgraph_t may fit
> the bill. I'll definitely look into it.  Or maybe you meant something
> else by 'ugly'?  I'm not sure ...

Well, this is subjective. I don't like these "_alpm_findinfo()" calls
and double (list) bookkeeping. However, after thinking a bit I have no
better idea atm [probably in the future we should introduce a
"transaction package" type (successor of pmsyncpkg_t) to store internal
data (including delta_path etc.)], and this is a minor issue (we can
rework this part easily later, if needed), so I revoke my complaint ;-)

Bye