[pacman-dev] New Patches

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 14 07:38:13 EST 2009

Bryan Ischo wrote:
> Allan McRae wrote:
>> Bryan Ischo wrote:
>>> Hey all.  I've broken my change into 5 patches, which have already
>>> been sent to the list.
>>
>> The main patch (#2) is too complex for me to review, but on accepting
>> that as is, the other patches look quite reasonable.  I will give
>> them a proper spin when I do a testing build later.
>
> Is there something I can do to make #2 clearer?  Is there someone who
> is going to review this and "bless" it for inclusion in the pacman
> sources?   Should I be addressing my emails to that person instead of
> the list?

There is probably nothing that you can do to make it clearer to me.  I
concentrate on makepkg so would just need to spend a couple of hours
figuring out the code and all the code around it...

The main pacman devs who will review your patches are all on this list
(Dan, Xavier, Nagy, me) so there is no need to send this directly to
anybody.  These things just take time and most of us are quite busy at
the moment so just be patient.

Cheers,
Allan