[pacman-dev] icadyptes makepkg changes

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 20 07:20:36 EST 2009

Hi,

This is a reminder for myself and a FYI for anyone else that is
interested.  There is a new Arch fork called Icadyptes
(http://icadyptes.org/) which does some changes to makepkg and to a
lesser extend pacman (see http://icadyptes.org/index.php?q=node/2).
Their git repo is here:
http://gitweb.icadyptes.org/?p=icadyptes-core/.git;a=tree;f=base/pacman;hb=HEAD

Maybe there is something useful there that would worth merging.  Adding
something like "runtimedeps" has been previously suggested but from
memory the patch never got updated for inclusion.  Other makepkg changes
listed will probably never make it here...

Anyway, I will give the Icadyptes dev a ping to suggest that any changes
could/should be CCed here so we can decide whether to include them.

Allan