[pacman-dev] patches needed for splitpkg work

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 21 10:18:37 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am a bit busy with $DAYJOB at the moment so I thought I would post
some of the things that need tidied up in makepkg (mainly for the
splitpkg implementation) so others might fix them.

These are all fairly trivial and probably just need a loop over
${pkgname[*]}:
  - check all packages in "exists" checks (package and source package)
  - fix cleanup of log files (note change in file name in build() &
package() function)
  - fix delta creation
  - fix install packages

This is a bit more in depth... (probably requires backup and restore)
  - value of "$pkgname" in build() & package() functions

These require discussion on how best to fix.  I thought of adding a
grpname entry in the PKGBUILD for this and defaulting to $pkgname[0] if
not present.  Opinions?

  - pkgname used for source package (??? what to use...)
  - how to deal with $pkgname in messages
       - "is not available for the ? architecture"
       - "Making package"
       - "Finished making"

Cheers,
Allan