[pacman-dev] [TRANSLATION] Romanian translation for pacman and libalpm

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 00:34:53 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 6:38 AM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> volodia macovei wrote:
>>
>> I hope now is in good health and complete... two archive with files
>> pacman_ro_RO.po and libalpm_ro_RO.po ... pls tell me if is i order...
>
> It appears the filtering on this list is currently a bit stringent (we have
> not had new translations added since this was implemented).
>
> Until that is fixed, you could please send the translations directly to Dan
> or I.

I've pulled these in locally, but not without some issues:

rm -f ro.gmo && /usr/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o ro.gmo ro.po
ro.po:37: 'msgstr' is not a valid C format string, unlike 'msgid'.
Reason: In the directive number 1, the character '.' is not a valid
conversion specifier.
--> you had "%..." instead of "%s..."
ro.po:291: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
--> added ":\n"
ro.po:557: number of format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr'
does not match
--> Ahh, I see what is happening. I think the fact that you used old
versions of the po files makes these translations try to find the
closest matching one and then failing. You will really want to check
the file over once I commit it, and there will likely be other
untranslated messages now too.
ro.po:605: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
ro.po:617: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
ro.po:629: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
ro.po:633: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
ro.po:645: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
ro.po:845: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
/usr/bin/msgfmt: found 10 fatal errors
420 translated messages.
make[3]: *** [ro.gmo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dmcgee/projects/pacman/po'
make[2]: *** [stamp-po] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dmcgee/projects/pacman/po'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dmcgee/projects/pacman'
make: *** [all] Error 2