[pacman-dev] pacman 3.3 API changes

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Wed Jul 15 09:13:01 EDT 2009

> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Nagy Gabor<ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> >> we had a section in the README about API CHANGES BETWEEN 3.1 AND 3.2
> >> do we need the same for 3.2 -> 3.3?
> >> As you can see in the attached diff, there were quite a few changes as well :P
> >
> > I will send a patch for this when we are in "patch freeze". (I have 4
> > pending patches, all of them change API.)
> >

> Great to hear this :)
> I think your 2 patches on working should be fine for 3.3.
> What about the two for universal, you consider them ready for inclusion?
>
> I believe Dan wanted to include them after 3.3, but I don't know if
> this was a final decision.

The universal branch is not ready, but I consider the 2 patches ready
for inclusion (in fact, I have focused on fixing of FS#3492 and FS#5798
with the least API changes). However, I had not much time to test it and
the inclusion of a _complete_ universal branch to ~4.0 would be nicer,
so I am fine with Dan's roadmap. (However, I have no clue what to do
with universal transaction at pacman front-end side...)

I will send my "API changes" patch soon, based on my working branch,
feel free to modify it, if needed.

Bye