[pacman-dev] Fetch callback patch, take 2

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 07:35:05 EDT 2009

In data sabato 18 luglio 2009 12:25:19, Xavier ha scritto:

> Do you realize your patch is the first one Xilon submitted :
> http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2009-February/008198.html

No, I didn't know it, or better I didn't remember of it (and that was a long,
long time ago, so I think it's quite understandable)

> Then Aaron made the suggestion to move xfercommand handling to pacman
> frontend, and to use fetch callback to register it.
> Why did you revert this change, why is it problematic for you?
> And why didn't you say anything back then?

It's not problematic, I tried to simplify the patch since Sebastian's one
seemed not to get in for some reason. I'm completely ok both ways, I think it
boils down to personal preferences, I only care about the damn fetch callback
getting in. If you prefer having xfercommand handled that way, Sebastian's
patch will work more than fine.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer