[pacman-dev] pacman and same empty dirs in both pkgs, problem?

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Sat Jul 25 17:30:38 EDT 2009

> Maybe instead of trying to remove the directory, it should check all
> existing packages to see if there is one owning this directory.
> But this will slow down the -R operation, for each directory inside
> a package.

-1. This would induce a memory usage boost for fixing a minor issue.
Pacman would load _all_ local filelists (the "big" part of local
database, in addition, loading is slow with empty disk-cache) in even
many simple "-S one_package" operations. I have seen
dont.remove.this.file many times so far (for example, in "empty" dirs
of some archives), that is much easier in this case, too.

Bye