[pacman-dev] Bump on upgrade046.py

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Mon Jun 1 08:56:56 EDT 2009

> Nagy Gabor wrote:
> > I thought -Suf cannot hurt anything, so I just did -Suf.
>
> I still can't believe you did that!  I always say the guideline is to
> only use -f for one package at a time.

Yes, I always say that, too (on #archlinux.hu irc channel). At least now
I can show a concrete example (link to this thread), why it is not
recommended to do that. ;-)

But the point is that if pacman _were_ bug-free, my -Suf would not break
anything!

>  BTW, -Sud is also bad! :)

Yes. In fact, this was the main reason for -f. I have to choose between
breaking some deps* (when your system is really outdated, I am pretty
sure, that you will break some ("inverse") deps with -Sf, I did it many
times ;-) and force. Clearly, I made a bad decision (I forgot about the
upgrade046.py bug).