[pacman-dev] My "universal" git repo

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Wed Jun 10 11:45:12 EDT 2009

Hi!

http://repo.or.cz/w/pacman-ng.git?a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/universal

I've managed to implement some nice features for -U by "moving"
upgrade_prepare to sync.c.

1. Conflict resolving should now work (upgrade051.py now passes),
FS#3492 implemented. (This was my main motivation.)
2. -U --syncdeps now can resolve dependencies by downloading and
installing them from sync repos. In this case, pacman can skip
unresolvable targets like with -S.

If this patch is going to be accepted, I ask everyone to test
"pacman-universal" extensively (there are some changes in UI as well!),
because sync.c is quite complex, so it has a chance that I broke
something there (and this is a "radical" change, this is a big
responsibility). There are no failing pactests, which is a good starting
point.

Bye