[pacman-dev] wanted: script to list uninstalled optdepends and packages that need them

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Jun 15 21:45:28 EDT 2009

Allan McRae wrote:
> Xyne wrote:
>>> Cool....   but something is slightly wrong there:
>>>
>>> libburn - optional for:
>>>   brasero: alternative back-end
>>>   bzip2: alternative back-end
>>>
>>> bzip2 probably does not have a libbrun backend :)
>>>
>>> Allan
>>>

>> I don't know how that happened (haven't been able to reproduce the
>> error here). I did find some other bugs though so maybe that one was
>> fixed indirectly. I've attached a new version. If it still lies, send
>> me the output of "pacman -Qi".
>>

> Works fine now.  Thanks.

As an aside, what this has made me realize is that the style of
optdepends specification varies a bit within the packages our repos
(some do not even use ":"'s to separate the package name from the
description).  If they are going to become more than informational, this
needs to become more standardized.  Maybe makepkg needs to add a check
on the style.

Allan