[pacman-dev] wanted: script to list uninstalled optdepends and packages that need them

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Mon Jun 15 23:46:14 EDT 2009

> Is there already something that can list optdepends from the local db
> regardless of their install status?
>
> Example:
>
> query local db (either with pacman -Qi or search lib)
> pick out optdepends
> filter packages that have optdepends
> match
> filter output eg.:
>
> $optdepend1 = $pkg1, $pkg2, $pkg3
> $optdepend2 (installed) = $pkg1, $pkg4

> Xyne, please do something about this with perl =p I'd really like some power
> to optdepends, at least until pacman treats it nicely.

I remove the "if" statement from the script that I posted earlier to
ignore the optdep installation status. Try the attached script and let
me know if it does what you want (I think it does, based on your
description).

For those interested, take a look at Juster's script which uses his alpm module:
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=569921

/Xyne