[pacman-dev] [TRANSLATION] Romanian translation for pacman and libalpm

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Tue Jun 30 04:50:31 EDT 2009

> >>... send the translations directly to Dan or me.
> >
> > *fixed*
>
> While I'm sure Allan just made a innocent mistake, I've always liked this one.
>
> For those non-native English speakers: The rule of thumb is to replace
> the "___ and I/me" with just the I/me part and see if it makes sense:
> "Send them directly to I" vs "Send them directly to me".
>
> The English lesson of the day has been concluded.

The funny thing is that non-native speakers usually get that one right,
but only because they haven't had the hypercorrectionist mantra drilled
into them. I think that's the only mistake that makes my internal
grammar nazi stand at attention, probably because it's a mistake you
would only make when consciously trying to speak correctly.

Anyway, I'm just happy to see someone else who knows the real rule of
thumb for that. I guess they didn't make you the overlord for nothing.