[pacman-dev] [feature request] ignore certain file conflicts

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Mar 2 05:54:27 EST 2009

Hi pacman devs,

Sometimes it happens that a user has to force an upgrade because pacman
detects an file conflict.

Some of those cases are caused by the known link vs. regular file/directory
problem.

Others are caused by the fact that a file wasn't tracked by pacman before.
(e.g. something that was created by an install script before and is part of
the package itself now)

I am not sure if the first case can even be fixed at all. So what about an
variable I could define in the PKGBUILD which would handle this?

	overwrite=('usr/lib/somefile' 'usr/lib/someotherfile')

I am not sure if this is completly insane and how difficult to implement this
mgiht be.

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76