[pacman-dev] Checking for VSC/SCM tools in makepkg

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 8 01:16:49 EST 2009

Hi,

Am I missing something here or should these sorts of tests cause a failure:

devel_check() {
        # Also do a brief check to make sure we have the VCS tool available.
            [ $(type -p darcs) ] || return 0
            [ $(type -p svn) ] || return 0

etc.

At the moment, these tests just seem useless to me.  Making this an
error would require a decent change in makepkg as at the moment
devel_check() is called before dependency resolution is done.   In fact,
I don't think I have ever managed to build an SCM package in a clean
chroot and this may be the cause.

If no-one points out something obvious I am missing, then I will file a
bug report so this is not forgotten.

Allan