[pacman-dev] patch submission help

Jeff jeff at kconline.com
Tue Mar 17 20:31:17 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:03:26AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:

> What exactly is dangerous about this?  There are two options
> 1) build() and package() functions - here only package() is run in fakeroot
> 2) build() function only - build() is run in fakeroot.

I apologize. I misread it as build() is never run in fakeroot.

> All my changes are now on the pacman master branch so you can just check
> that out.  See here for further info:
> http://www.archlinux.org/pacman/#_development

Sweet.

> The check() function should serve as a major hint that it should be
> run.  Perhaps, if it is present and not invoked using --check then a
> warning could be printed.

A warning does sound nice, but I was referring to a hint that a
testsuite *should* be run. Obviously the toolchain would be in that
category whereas some would argue things like sed's testsuite is minor
and generally not worth the time or trouble to run. Personally this
wouldn't affect me as I run every testsuite.

--
Jeff

My other computer is an abacus.