[pacman-dev] Bump on upgrade046.py

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Sun May 31 15:34:03 EDT 2009

Hi!

I think this bug has just hurted my system today. Since I have no net in
my sublet, I do -Su very rarely, so today's sysupgrade upgraded 415
packages (my system was ~0.7 year-old).

I got lots of false fileconflict errors first (probably due to the
symlink bug). I was lazy to resolve all of them by hand, and since I
never put untracked files out of my home dir, I thought -Suf cannot hurt
anything, so I just did -Suf.

During sysupgrade, lots of "gconftool-2: error while loading shared
libraries: libdbus-1.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory" messages popped up (install scriptlets). Wow :-(.

After pacman -Suf had finished, I did some investigation (I didn't want
to press ctrl-c during sysupgrade). First I thought, that there is a
missing dependency around gconf (testdb said that my local database was
consistent), but I was wrong: I had the package dbus-core installed
(up-to-date version), which should contain the missing lib (-Ql), but
the file libdbus-1.so.3 was not found in /usr/lib.

I guess, I've just run into the file relocation bug (otherwise, we have
a more serious bug here), showed by upgrade046.py. Briefly, the file
relocation check is hacked into the fileconflict check, which is omitted
with -f.

Bye

P.S.: I used pacman 3.2.2-1.