[pacman-dev] two patches for makepkg

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 13:43:51 EDT 2009

2009/10/2 huntxu <mhuntxu at gmail.com>

> 2. let makepkg install custom license automatically
> When making packages whose licenses are "custom", we use PKGBUILD to
> install the license file manually. Since it is a common step for those
> packages, why not let makepkg do that automatically?
> Just specify $licensefile in your PKGBUILD(like $licensefile=LICENSE) and
> ensure the license file is in $startdir, it then will be automatically
> install to $pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/$licensefile when packaging.

I don't quite like this one. Custom licenses are not always handmade, they
can reside somewhere in $srcdir. Even if this is an "optional" variable,
it's sort of not really worth it.

It can be a path, or makepkg could parse $license for the word "custom" and
look in $startdir for the file of which the name is after the colon eg.
"custom:FOO". Can be handled many ways, but..is it worth the extra code, and
KISS to let a variable define something which can just be scripted inside
build() easily?