[pacman-dev] two patches for makepkg

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 15:12:48 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Comments welcome on the icc one :)
>
> The only comment I had... the patch doesn't make sense. I mean,
> makepkg has no notion of gcc, and we can use it just fine with ANY
> compiler. All this logic belongs in the build() function, not in
> makepkg.

Additionally, the /etc/package.icc and /etc/package.icc-cflags files
are a little goofy, and not similar to anything else makepkg tries to
do. I get that you're trying to do this automatically for building all
packages, but this can already be done:

cp makepkg.conf makepkg.icc

for pkg in $(list-packages-to-build);
   if grep $pkg /etc/packages.icc; then