[pacman-dev] bug in pacman 3.3.2 retrieving of repos?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:36:29 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration |
Westermann GmbH ] <mad at wol.de> wrote:
> Well it could be a local problem with my environment of course, but
> shouldn't 3.3.0 then suffer from the same problem then? As there were
> some fiddling with the libfetch download code in pacman on version 3.3.1
> and 3.3.2 i thought it might be related to that.

I already answered this question, see my previous mail.
And from libfetch man page :
     If the `i' (if-modified-since) flag is specified, the library will try to
     fetch the content only if it is newer than last_modified.  For HTTP an
     If-Modified-Since HTTP header is sent.  For FTP a MTDM command is sent
     first and compared locally.  For FILE the source file is compared.

You the http header you need to check is If Modified Since