[pacman-dev] bug in pacman 3.3.2 retrieving of repos?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 12:15:37 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration |
Westermann GmbH ] <mad at wol.de> wrote:

> They are on different hosts and different carrier networks.
> They get time updates via ntp from the same source.
> System times are sane on this boxes.
>
>> Anyway we are using ust.mtime from libfetch. I would think this comes
>> from http Last-Modified and thus should not cause problems.
>> But I am not sure. I am still trying to understand how this stuff works :)
>
> Thanks Xavier, this information was what was missing in this puzzle for
> me. I sniffed the http headers with tshark and checked what pacman asks
> for per header and what lighttpd is sending back to pacman in response.
> This is definitely a lighttpd bug. It answers with "304 not modified"
> response even if the file was modified because of some missing checks.
>
> Sorry for the noise.
>
> If anybody is interested, this is the corresponding fix for
> lighttpd-1.4.23 which will be in 1.4.24 when it gets released:
>
> http://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/lighttpd/repository/revisions/2643/diff/branches/lighttpd-1.4.x/src/http-header-glue.c?format=diff&rev_to=2408

Ah cool, glad to know it's already figured out :)
Wasn't it this bug : http://redmine.lighttpd.net/issues/2047

The patch linked there look like a subset of your link above.
But that makes sense because the revision fixing the issue seems to be
2608 or 2609
and your link above is a diff between 2408 and 2643

And don't worry about the noise, it's interesting to know that pacman
doesn't play nicely since 3.3.1 with lighttpd-1.4.23 because of a bug.