[pacman-dev] [patch] makepkg: update checksums (was: add checksums and resume)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 02:10:04 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Dan McGee wrote:

>>> Allan, I know you are busy these days, so I can take a hack at
>>> reviewing this but I'd also like to hear what other people think of
>>> the idea in general. I know we just closed a feature request asking
>>> for this: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15809
>>>

>> There is a discussion going on in http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15051 .
>>  Xavier has had a good look at this and posted an updated patch there.  The
>> remaining issue is PKGBUILDs with architecture specific checksums.
>
> /me lets the discussion continue without him :P

Well the discussion was already almost over if you look at the comments :)

The problem is that this requires some sed/awk skills and I have none
at all. The sed commands proposed until now either did not work or
failed in bad ways on some pkgbuilds, deleting parts of it.

The awk way seemed more reliable than the sed ones :
{ rm PKGBUILD; awk '$0 ~ /^md5sums/ {i = 1; system("makepkg -g
2>/dev/null")}; !i {print}; $0 ~ /\)/ {i = 0}' > PKGBUILD; } <
PKGBUILD

But does it makes sense to incorporate this in makepkg ? To have
makepkg call himself ?