[pacman-dev] [patch] makepkg: update checksums (was: add checksums and resume)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 04:57:33 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> grep -r "&& md5sums=(" /var/abs | grep "/PKGBUILD:" | sed 's/:.*//' gives:
>
> /var/abs/community/jdk/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/community/jdk/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/community/jre/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/community/jre/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/community/libvdpau/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/community/tuxguitar/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/extra/nvidia-96xx-utils/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/extra/nvidia-96xx/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/extra/nvidia-173xx/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/extra/nvidia/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/extra/nxclient/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/extra/nvidia-utils/PKGBUILD
> /var/abs/extra/nvidia-173xx-utils/PKGBUILD
>
> Total pkgs affected: 13 out of 4000+ (provided all PKGBUILDs are "standard",
> i.e "&&" is on the same line as ${integ}sums in this case integ=md5)

Making the assumption that pkgbuilds are standard is really looking
for troubles and/or wrong and false results :)

I don't want to support multi-arch sums, there is an infinite number
of ways to write them, so it's impossible to deal with that.

What I would find acceptable is just to delete the standard and easy
checksums, without affecting anything else. And appending the new
checksums at the end.

Even better would be to replace the standard and easy checksums in
place , and just append the others at the end of the pkgbuild.