[pacman-dev] [patch] makepkg: update checksums (was: add checksums and resume)

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:50:11 EDT 2009

> Xavier:

Even better would be to replace the standard and easy checksums in
> place , and just append the others at the end of the pkgbuild.

Ahh I see. In that case what we need is an edit which won't touch the
unsupported areas. But that would mean being able to somehow check for their
existence. Maybe Allan can take a look at that.

> Dan:

Just remember this- if we release a feature that is half-baked, we
> will pay for it. Look at optdepends and how many people think it is
> their right to have those parsed and we need options to install them
> and blah blah blah.
>
> People will try to use this for all varieties of md5sums. People will
> file bug reports when it doesn't work on crazy PKGBUILDs. And most of
> all, people will be pissed if we mess up their PKGBUILD in any way,
> even if it was their fault.

Yes, precisely so. Especially when there are actually requests to make it an
"unsupported" feature in makepkg =p