[pacman-dev] makepkg test suite

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 21:46:47 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am starting to write a test suite for makepkg.  Hopefully this will make
> it more difficult to break things in the future...
>
> I have written a brief outline of how I have started implementing this here:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Allan/Makepkg_Test_Suite
>
> I realize that most issues with the implementation will be discovered as it
> goes on but any comments at this stage would be useful.

Any forward progress on this? Don't want to rush you, but haven't
heard anything lately on this front.

On a side note, I wonder if this is one of those "I'm new to pacman
development how can I help" type projects- obviously it is a big task,
but having a few people hacking and getting this working would be
sweet.