[pacman-dev] Build issues with the maint branch of pacman

Ciprian Dorin, Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 02:27:35 EDT 2009

    Hello all!

    While trying to build (a patched version) of the latest maint
branch in the Git repository I get the following error:

~~~~
$ autoconf

configure.ac:60: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:128: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.ac:132: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
configure.ac:133: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION
configure.ac:155: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
~~~~

    (My patch is only adding a git-dlagent script, and is not touching
otherwise the configure.ac file.)

    Any ideas? (I'm using the latest up-to-date version of ArchLinux.)

    Thanks,
    Ciprian.