[pacman-dev] Build issues with the maint branch of pacman

Ciprian Dorin, Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 04:17:29 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Ciprian Dorin, Craciun
> <ciprian.craciun at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>    But then why does it fail when building it from PKGBUILD? (I've
>> used an unmodified version of PKGBUILD from ABS (for version 3.3.1),
>> with the soure code from 3.3.2.)
>
> Why are you doing that ?

    Because I've made a small patch to pacman that allows to
"download" tars from a Git repository. See the related bug, and my Git
repository (if interested):
    * http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7816
    * http://gitorious.org/~ciprian.craciun/pacman/ciprian-craciun-patches

    Thus after making the patch I've wanted to install it localy, test
and use it. (I'm using it now.)

> And how did you get the source code of 3.3.2 ?
> With this link : ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/pacman/pacman-3.3.2.tar.gz ?

    From the Pacman git repository at: git://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git