[pacman-dev] translation of manual pages

Matthias Gorissen matthias at archlinux.de
Wed Sep 16 10:26:12 EDT 2009

Previous discussions of this always ended with something like "Oh, we love
what you are doing there - just go on and make it a community project."

Which you should do - who cares about being official? If people like it, they
will use it. My own project (German man pages, community-based, half a dozen
of translators) is unfortunatedly sleeping ATM, even though it just needs to
be tidied up.

The current excuse is that we are working on the Official Install-Guide right
now. The was a call for translations at [arch-releng] last months with
detailed instructions:
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2009-August/000656.html

This could become part of the next iso-release within a few months. Perhaps
you would like to work on that first, too.